Follow FLIKHALL on Twitter

Thursday 24 November 2011

L'Autre Magazine



H: So tell me a little bit about this new Spring Summer 12 collection? Where did all these ideas come from?
F: I knew from the beginning of this collection that I wanted to look at something quite textual. My Ideas wondered everywhere at the start like most collections do, initially I started looking into wet moist objects like sausages. Soon after I found myself wondering around Hackney market in the fishmongers looking at octopuses. As a whole I would say, artists such as Monica Cook and Kate D inspired my collection.
Picture
Picture
Above mood board of Ideas for FLIK HALL SS12 collection. 

H: What’s your favorite piece in your new collection?

F: It would have to be the shirtdress in the opening part of the film I did with Ashley Joiner. I like the combination of fabrics in this piece quite obscure, feminine and lustrous. It’s my favorite fabric in the collection. 



ABOVE FLIK HALL SS12 video "I hear you calling" by Ashley Joiner 

H: You collaborated with Ashley Joiner for your video, have you considered collaborating with other people? If so who and what would you do?
I actually have already done whole accessories collection for my SS12 collection with Miranda Keyes… Its not actually up on my website yet but we did a whole accessories collection made out of octopus, including a little octopus nip tassel.
H: Have you ever eaten an octopus?
F: Yes

H: If you had a pet octopus what would you call it?
F: Emmanuelle 

H: What do you do when you’re not working?
F: I’ve always been interested in antique jewelry because my mums an antique dealer. I go around antique markets around Camden passage, Brighton, Glasgow and Oxford and collect jewelry. I also like making little instillations and pieces of art that I can put up around the home. 

H: What was the last exhibition you went to?
F: Frederique Morrel’s work in the Stephanie Hoppen Gallery on Walton Street I absolutely loved the couples work. 

H: If you had a fashion show how would you imagine it to look like?
F: It depends on the collection really but I wouldn’t necessarily have someone going up and down a catwalk… maybe something like having it on an ice rink for an Autumn Winter collection or something.


H: Have you thought about your Autumn Winter collection yet? 
F: I’ve already designed most of my new Autumn Winter collection… it’s not finalized though and there will be a lot of tweaks before its finished. When I usually work on a collection I always start on working with print first. I’ve been looking a lot into dentistry images of fractured limbs. Its not really going to be about obvious parts of the body it’s going to be more of a close up of sketches and textures around the body. I’ve also been looking at things like fossils. 




Autumn Winter or Spring Summer?

Spring summer 

How would you like to be remembered?
I would like to be remembered for doing something that was worth remembering such as my print because I put most of my ideas into print. 
 








No comments:

Post a Comment